2026-08-21

Is 72 a good age to live to, and why?

 Is 72 a good age to live to, and why?

อายุ 72 ปี เป็นอายุที่ดีที่จะมีชีวิตอยู่หรือไม่ และเพราะเหตุใด?

I had a patient who was 90 years of age and did not like being that old.

ฉันเคยมีคนไข้คนหนึ่งอายุ 90 ปี และเขาไม่ชอบที่ตัวเองแก่ขนาดนั้น

I asked, "At what age do you think it is best to die?"

ฉันถามเขาว่า "คุณคิดว่าอายุเท่าไหร่ถึงจะดีที่สุดที่จะตาย?"

He stated, “Oh, around 75 years old.” He made the comment, “Once you hit 75, everything deteriorates so quickly, you can't keep pace.”
เขาตอบว่า "ประมาณ 75 ปีครับ" เขาเสริมว่า "พออายุ 75 ปี ทุกอย่างจะเสื่อมลงเร็วมาก คุณตามไม่ทันเลย"

Was he correct? Well, it was only his point of view.
เขาพูดถูกหรือไม่? ก็เป็นเพียงมุมมองของเขาเท่านั้น

It depends solely on the circumstances.

มันขึ้นอยู่กับสถานการณ์ล้วนๆ

—If you are seventy-five years old, healthy, active, take no or few medications, have some money set aside, can still travel, and have family and friends to surround yourself with, then yes, turning 90 is great.
—ถ้าคุณอายุ 75 ปี สุขภาพแข็งแรง กระฉับกระเฉง ไม่ต้องทานยาหรือทานยาน้อย มีเงินเก็บสำรองไว้บ้าง ยังสามารถเดินทางได้ และมีครอบครัวและเพื่อนฝูงอยู่รอบตัว คุณก็สามารถมีอายุครบ 90 ปีได้อย่างยอดเยี่ยม

—If you’re 75 years old, in poor health, use a walker, take 20 medications, get by on Social Security payments, mostly stay home, go out only when you have to visit your doctor, have few visitors except for your paid caregivers…. ugh
—ถ้าคุณอายุ 75 ปี สุขภาพไม่ดี ต้องใช้ไม้เท้าช่วยเดิน กินยา 20 ชนิด ใช้ชีวิตอยู่ได้ด้วยเงินบำนาญจากประกันสังคม ส่วนใหญ่อยู่บ้าน ออกไปข้างนอกเฉพาะเมื่อจำเป็นต้องไปหาหมอ มีคนมาเยี่ยมเยียนน้อยมากนอกจากผู้ดูแลที่คุณจ้างมา…. แย่จัง

For some people, "Life is brief." สำหรับบางคน “ชีวิตนั้นสั้นนัก”

For some people, “Life is FAR too lengthy.” สำหรับบางคน “ชีวิตนั้นยาวนานเกินไป”

And for some reason, at times the human body…simply doesn’t recognize when to QUIT…
และด้วยเหตุผลบางอย่าง บางครั้งร่างกายมนุษย์…ก็ไม่รู้ตัวว่าควรจะหยุด…


"I recently found an article online discussing numerous health problems, including natural remedies. I am genuinely appreciative of the important insights it offered

“เมื่อเร็วๆ นี้ ฉันได้อ่านบทความออนไลน์ที่พูดถึงปัญหาสุขภาพมากมาย รวมถึงวิธีการรักษาด้วยวิธีธรรมชาติ ฉันรู้สึกซาบซึ้งใจอย่างแท้จริงกับข้อมูลเชิงลึกที่สำคัญที่บทความนั้นนำเสนอ”

In the words of John Cougar Mellencamp….life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone…
ดังที่จอห์น คูการ์ เมลเลนแคมป์ กล่าวไว้ว่า...ชีวิตยังคงดำเนินต่อไป แม้ความตื่นเต้นในการใช้ชีวิตจะจางหายไปแล้วก็ตาม...

----------------------------------------

I love John Cougar!!!! Iv’e owned my 1968 Cougar for 45 years and played his CD’S in the car until they practicaly melted. HAHAHA.

----------------------------------------

I’m 78, and both my wives and my late life girlfriend of ten years have passed away. I’m quite solitary and sedentary by nature, so being alone and not going out very much is something with which I’m relatively comfortable. Despite several chronic health issues, I still lead quite an enjoyable life in the context of the aforementioned traits.

ผมอายุ 78 ปีแล้ว และภรรยาทั้งสองคนของผม รวมถึงแฟนสาวที่คบกันมาสิบปีก็จากไปแล้ว ผมเป็นคนค่อนข้างสันโดษและไม่ค่อยออกไปไหน ดังนั้นการอยู่คนเดียวและไม่ค่อยออกไปไหนจึงเป็นสิ่งที่ผมค่อนข้างสบายใจ แม้จะมีปัญหาสุขภาพเรื้อรังหลายอย่าง แต่ผมก็ยังใช้ชีวิตได้อย่างมีความสุขเมื่อพิจารณาจากลักษณะนิสัยที่กล่าวมาข้างต้น

It helps that I have trustworthy younger roommates — my adult autistic younger son and two of my girlfriend’s “kids”, a delightful teenager and a responsible, hard working twenty-something. I do miss my elder son and his family, who live overseas and I’m lucky to see once every year or two — but being around these young people soothes that ache, because the four of us sharing our multi-generational lives has turned out to be a (rather atypical) de facto family in every sense other than genetics.

โชคดีที่ผมมีเพื่อนร่วมห้องที่อายุน้อยกว่าและไว้ใจได้ — ลูกชายคนเล็กที่เป็นออทิสติกและลูกๆ ของแฟนสาวอีกสองคน วัยรุ่นที่น่ารัก และคนอายุยี่สิบกว่าๆ ที่มีความรับผิดชอบและขยันทำงาน ผมคิดถึงลูกชายคนโตและครอบครัวของเขาที่อาศัยอยู่ต่างประเทศ และผมโชคดีที่ได้เจอพวกเขาปีละครั้งหรือสองครั้ง — แต่การได้อยู่กับคนหนุ่มสาวเหล่านี้ช่วยบรรเทาความคิดถึงนั้นได้ เพราะการที่พวกเราสี่คนใช้ชีวิตร่วมกันข้ามรุ่น ได้กลายเป็นครอบครัวโดยพฤตินัย (ที่ค่อนข้างไม่เหมือนใคร) ในทุกแง่มุม ยกเว้นพันธุกรรม

IOW, I’m definitely as fortunate AF! 😎

กล่าวโดยสรุป ผมโชคดีมากๆ! 😎

----------------------------------------

Life can truly be good or bad at any age.

ชีวิตนั้นอาจดีหรือแย่ได้ในทุกช่วงวัยอย่างแท้จริง

----------------------------------------

Is 72 a good age to live to, and why?



Given that I past 72 a few years ago I could hardly say that I should be got rid of due to being over that age.

เนื่องจากผมอายุเกิน 72 ปีมาหลายปีแล้ว ผมคงพูดไม่ได้ว่าผมควรจะถูกกำจัดทิ้งเพราะอายุมากเกินไป

What I can say is that it is a great age to BE.

สิ่งที่ผมพูดได้ก็คือ นี่เป็นอายุที่ดีมากที่จะมีชีวิตอยู่

I am fitter than I was when I was 40. I am retired. I have a lifetime of savings behind me so that I am not short of the money to pay for anything I need.

ผมแข็งแรงกว่าตอนอายุ 40 เสียอีก ผมเกษียณแล้ว ผมมีเงินเก็บสะสมมาตลอดชีวิต ดังนั้นผมจึงมีเงินใช้จ่ายสำหรับทุกสิ่งที่ต้องการ


I have the time to enjoy myself with my wife and indeed we go out together on a date on most days.

ผมมีเวลาที่จะสนุกสนานกับภรรยา และเราก็ออกไปเดทกันเกือบทุกวัน


It is a wonderful time to be alive. But I intend to STAY alive for quite a bit longer.

นี่เป็นช่วงเวลาที่วิเศษมากที่จะมีชีวิตอยู่ แต่ผมตั้งใจที่จะมีชีวิตอยู่ต่อไปอีกนาน








----------------------------------------

No comments: